Friday, July 14, 2006
























This is the home page for my new Davis Photography Dzine Tools; Photographer Resource Website. It should be live sometime in the next two months. Check out www.davistools.com in the next month or two.

On the site I'll have upcoming seminar information, feature products available like my Davis Dzine Digital JPG Workflow that gives you the freedom and power of a RAW flow but you wont have to spend thousands of $$$$ to buy new harddrives, more cf cards, Adobe CS2 and more. It's really smokin. I've edited all of my 06 weddings with this flow and my clients couldn't be happier with their pix! I am finding that I now actually have time to grow my business and live my life instead of just maintaining and enduring the "busy wedding season" that we all can relate to.

For real, I took my kids to a junk yard on a field trip the other day and then we went to the airport, equipped with light sabors, to hunt some monsters that we heard were landing in Columbus. I have two boys if you can't tell! :) Gotta love them. But I wouldn't have the time to do this kind of stuff with them if I was still editing the way I used to. This workflow has changed my life. If you want to know more about it and would like me to e-mail you when it's available online I'd be happy to contact you, just send me a message that's titled "Workflow Info" in the subject line and I'll be sure to let you know. Write me at info@davistools.com

Today's digital photographer has to do far more than just push a button. An image is a work of art created in a digital darkroom called Photoshop. That's why this workflow is more than just some actions, it's a system of organizing, selecting, editing, renaming, protecting, and automating custom touches to hundreds of images. I am editing 1000 plus images in just a matter of a few hours and getting faster every time I use this new flow. Below you'll see a few before and afters of just a few of the actions that will come with the entire workflow package. Each action is a customized one of a kind created for and by Davis Photography and soon will be available to you who are interested.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! AMAZING website and some really amazing photos! Colour me impressed!

Thanks, a lot, for giving me your card and letting me see this page. I'm the type of guy that really looks at other web design (and photography) for inspriation and I'm definitely inspired here!

Great site! 100% worth the bookmark I just put on it -- and the desire to check back from time to time.

Hopefully someday I'll get my website into a presentable form and get it up. ~_~

Jim Davis Hicks said...

Chris,

Your too generous with your words!

Thanks for the compliments.

If I can ever help you with anything please let me know and thanks for being so helpful the other day! You deserve a raise!

Jim Davis Hicks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim Davis Hicks said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jocelyn said...

Hey guys. Ok, so that had to be one of the all-time best birthday messages ever!! Thank you so much! I will be saving that one. Love it and love you guys. Say hi to the boys for me.