Monday, February 27, 2006


After reeling in this "lunker" of a bass this little guy was whooped! This is Ashton my almost 4 year old. He share's his birthday with his Grandpa pictured above. They are quite the buddies.

This pic was from this past fishing season but it so depicts who he is that I added it as an introduction to my son. It was so funny. His reel was all tangled up and he asked me to fix it, so I said "Sure I'll help you." and put my reel down on the ground. He picks up my reel and say's "Can I use yours dad?" I said sure but just hold it (I didn't want mine to get all tangled up too.) But as most 3.5 year olds with a rod and reel in hand would do, he began reeling it in. I said "Ashton, you wont catch anything with a live worm if your reeling it really fast like . . . " at that his/my pole bent in half and was just about pulled out of his hands. He reeled it in all the way successfully, admired his catch and said "Dad, I'm done fishing." It was the biggest bass he's ever caught and that was enough for him. He then opted to go jump on the mattresses in the cabin.

Later we enjoyed a fish dinner!

No comments: