Friday, September 07, 2007






















This has been a pretty big week for Ashton! Tuesday was Orientation at Kindergarten (I seriously cried like a baby. It was very hard for me to send him off to school and still contemplating alternative ways to educate.) I actually heard a great quote from John Wimber "I don't mind education so long as it doesn't get in the way of learning!" This can be very true when a child doesn't learn affectively in a traditional "education" model. Ashton is definitely a artist who reflects much of me, my parents say he's EXACTLY like I was at that age. (artistic, talkative, creative and managing, he's always orchestrating something and getting others to help him fulfill his plans.) Anyway, we'll see where that goes. I have so many thoughts on this, but I'll save it for some other time.
On Wed. we did a daddy date and went crawdad hunting for hours in the river! What an amazing time. Ashton kept saying to me "Dad, this is soooo fun. I'm so glad we did this!" I even blitzed on an important conference call as a result of not having my watch or phone with me in the river. It was absolutely worth it and they were incredibly gracious in understanding.
Then the first and second day of kindergarten and a lost tooth! Enjoy the pix above they are of the first morning of school and the lost tooth. The last pic it's hard to tell but he's holding his tooth on a string.
I'm so blessed.
Karsyn is on her way in less than 2 weeks! Keep us in your prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! I love the second to last one the best! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

You Rock. I love how you love your family.
Dave Webster

Jim Davis Hicks said...

thanks guys!

jim

Jocelyn said...

man, i haven't been on your blog in a while...those boys are so awesome. i miss you guys....it was great to see you at church last week and actually see lara instead of playing phone tag. can't wait to see baby karsyn when she comes. i will be praying for you guys....love you all so much!!!!

Jim Davis Hicks said...

jocelyn,

we love you too! it was so good to see you.