Monday, January 15, 2007



So this weekend I shot this really great couples wedding, Jennifer and Jason. But, as wedding time often is running late we were running out of daylight fast and on top of that it was raining! So we had to get really creative. I saw this old horse barn at the venue and thought, that'd be a great shot, but no light???? hmmm, I don't want a fake look of just flash, even bounced or filtered wouldn't give me the look I was going for, so I asked Mike Lotz of Lotz Photography who was shooting with me to pull my truck up and shine the lights in the barn at an angle, this is what I got! If you could see what it looked like with the naked eye you'd be amazed at how this shot turned out! When I showed them on my D2x lcd they couldn't believe it! I was very pleased. I'm gonna make a soft box for my headlights, no joke.

God bless guys! Have a great time in Canada on your honeymoon, I hope you get the snow you were praying for!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim - It was great shooting with you this weekend. You and your beautiful wife Lara amaze me with your talent. The amazing thing is that your talent takes second fiddle to the quality people you both are. We are blessed to be part of your world. By the way....I want to be in on building those Dodge Ram light boxes....we could make millions :-) ....also...I still want an action tool belt too!!

Anonymous said...

That shot is SWEET!!!
You are the guru!!
Dave Webster

Jim Davis Hicks said...

you both are too generous, but i'll take it. thanks for the compliments.

both of you rock!

Anonymous said...

I attended this wedding and the images that you captured are Out Of This World. You have a lot to be proud of. Keep up the good work. Also, the Bride and Groom are AWESOME people and make a beautiful couple!

Donna

Jim Davis Hicks said...

thanks donna! are you the photographer i talked to?

i appreciate your kind words.