Saturday, January 17, 2009




Rachel and Andrew Lacour-Niesen of Shoot Q, the amazing folks that are building the ALL NEW and Totally IMPOVED and CRASH PROOF WPPI mentor auction site (coming Jan. 29th, 2009) were really sick this past week? Why? Because they picked up a parasite while in India over the holiday's.

How ironic that someone who is building a site that will host the 2009 WPPI Mentor Auction gets a parasite from unsafe drinking water! Compassion is best learned through suffering I guess.

Reminds me of being up in the middle of the night with my youngest son while he cried in agony fighting acid reflux as a very young baby. I thought to myself "God why would you let me experience this, it's so hard? I'm trying to help people all over the world." I didn't really need an answer, simply presenting the question made the answer obvious. That night compassion was strengthened in my heart. My suffering had an end, for so many the end is simply death.

When you donate $5 to thirst relief your not just doing a little good, your truly providing hope and life to someone who is desperatly needing it!

Thank you to all who gave so generously in 2008! In three years time Thirst Relief has been able to bring nearly 100,000 people long term, sustainable, clean water solutions for less than $5 a person! Amazing! Thank you to all who make it possible through your generosity!

No comments: