Monday, April 21, 2008




Most of you don't know it but I used to be a competitive bass angler! I'm not joking.

Well a couple weeks ago I went on vacation to NC to visit some family and do a photo shoot. While there I was able to spend a good bit of time fishing and I had the joy of pulling in this 5lb. lunker! I also found this other fish dead, it truly bit off more than it could chew! How crazy that he'd even attempt to hit such a larger bait fish. This why I love bass fishing, they are so aggressive!!!!

More news to come.

3 comments:

Kevin Meyers said...

Nice! I mean, not that I'm a bass fisherman and know exactly what you're talking about...but I have seen Bassmaster's on ESPN a few times. Does that count? hah

Jim Davis Hicks said...

Kevin,

so good to hear from you and so good to see you in Vegas at WPPI.

I am the BASSMASTER!!! :)

I don't even get ESPN but when I have a chance to see that show I am like an addict! LOVE watching their strategies, it's such a sport with technique and strategy and so many variables especially the weather, most don't realize how much weather affects fishing patterns. Anyway, I'm going on and on.

Anonymous said...

Do I hear banjo music???
You are such a Hick(s).
I love this pic, isn't great when you get back to something you love so much.
D Webster