Saturday, April 15, 2006


What an amazing trip!!!! I am now the reigning Annual WPPI Pictage Poker King! There were only about 25 players and no real money was at stake but I did get this trophy and a really nice poker set out of it. But most of all the joy of saying "I'm the king." Or at least I like to think so. Anyway, it was a ton of fun with Lara cheering me on.

We had so many Divine appointments it wasn't even surprising after a while. So many people are talking about Thirst and we had the privilege of having two images published in Studio Photography (formaly SPD). Alice Miller the editor did a really amazing job on the story! If you'd like to read it you can visit Studio Photography.

Too much to share in the amount of time I have right now but we had a really great time and made tremendous connections, met a lot of great new people, so enjoyed the relationships we established and more.

Also a special thanks to Davina Fear for organizing the first annual WPPI Photographer Mentoring Thirst Benefit. We raised over $1000.00 in just a couple hours and saved over 200 lives!!!!

And a big thanks to David Jay and Mike Colon for promoting Thirst by playing the video that David produced and matching funds of those who gave and more!!!! You guys rock!!!

Jeff Jochem VP of Pictage for giving up your suite for the mentoring time!

And thanks to Bludomain for being so generous with your donations to Thirst.

6 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Jim you ROCK (haha...had to say it again)!!! Congrats to the Poker King.

That's a great pic of you and Lara. Thanks for letting me hog your wife at church yesterday (and at the wedding last week). I will try harder to share next week :)

Jim Davis Hicks said...

If I have to share at least it's with you!

It's cool to know we'll see you weekly at the 9:15.

Shyla said...

Hooray! I found your blog! I t was sooo great meeting you two last week, I am so excited to see what God does with all that vision!!! I can truly say I was blessed you meet the two of you :)

Jim Davis Hicks said...

Shyla,

We feel the same! You are awesome.

We want a Shyla for ourselves. Mike is so spoiled. If you ever get bored with Mike and sunny California come out and work in Ohio!! Don't tell Mike I'm trying to skim his work. :)

Anita Matejka Photography said...

I've been meaning to e-mail you guys ... life seems to get in the way. I just wanted to say thanks again for your mentoring session. God is using you guys in so many ways, and I am so grateful He blessed me with being able to meet with you! Thanks for your prayers ... I am still trying to figure out my business stuff, but so much of what you said has touched me deeply. Thanks again! You guys rock (and congrats on being "the King"!! LOL!)!!

Jim Davis Hicks said...

Anita,

It was our pleasure to meet with you and have the chance to participate in what God is doing in your life!

It's so easy to leave WPPI/Mentoring sessions etc. and be all pumped up and full of faith to raise prices, do more, excel in excellence etc. only to return home and have fear, insecurity etc. I was going to raise my prices myself once again and I found that I am fearful. Will people sign? Will they see the value? Will I actually get the 10 couples I'll need if I raise them? All that to say. I pray God gives you the courage and strength to follow Him in every aspect of your life.

Thanks for requesting to be mentored. It was an honor!